Pitch Closed until further notice

The plan to carry out the upgrade work on the two pitches today had to be abandoned as the pitches were both too wet. Their condition will be monitored and whenever they dry out a bit the work will be completed.
Further to that, the decision that both pitches are off limits for the next two days at a minimum was made by pitch committee in order to help the pitches recover and get them back to proper condition we are taking them out of use. That means no training, running, matches, etc is allowed to take place to give them a chance to recover. They will review again on Thursday. The ball-wall and sand area inside the gate are open for use.                                          
It is felt that if we continue to use our pitches in wet weather we will never get them back into proper condition and will end up regretting it in the long term.

No comments: