Through the County Galway Joint Policing Committee (JPC) a number of agencies have partnered together to support the work of the An Garda Síochána and Muintir na Tíre led community alert initiative. These agencies include Galway County Council and County Galway GAA.
The JPC wishes to assist all efforts to increase awareness of community alert so if you wish to get involved in community alert in your community in County Galway make contact with following right away;
Community Alert Contacts:
Bernard Kearney (Muintir na Tíre) 086 6000755
Insp. Michael O’Dwyer An Garda Síochána Tuam 093 70840
Crime Prevention Advice For GAA Clubs
Following a series of thefts from GAA club dressing rooms, car parks and ground equipment stores, Galway Garda Crime Prevention Office is offering the following advice to help keep your possessions secure;
· Don’t leave valuables such as wallets, Sat Navs, ipods, mobile phones or laptops in parked vehicles.
· Remember to remove the cradles of Sat Navs/mobile phones and clean the window where the cradle has been stuck, otherwise a thief may see the suction mark and take a chance regarding valuables that may be in the car.
· Don’t leave any possessions on display in your vehicle. Even a coat left on a seat could make a thief think you are hiding something more valuable. Put them in the boot.
· Ensure the doors and boot are locked and all windows and the sunroof are properly shut and if you have an alarm and/or immobiliser remember to set them.
· Don’t leave valuables in dressing rooms and make sure dressing rooms are locked even when play/training is in progress. Leave valuables where they can be well supervised or properly locked away.
· Don’t leave any ground equipment outside overnight. Please lock away when not in use. Ensure all storage sheds have high quality locking systems and are properly alarmed.
· If you see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary in the vicinity of your Sports Club report your suspicion to An Garda Síochána Tel No (091) 538000 or on 999/112.
Crime Prevention Contact: Sgt. Pat Flanagan An Garda Síochána Galway 091 538011